At Links Academy Hatfield we work with parents/carers and families to create the best outcomes and successful futures for all of our students. We hold Student Parent Review Days throughout the academic year. This is an opportunity to discuss your child’s progression with our welcoming Pastoral Team. Your child’s targets will be decided by all involved, including the parents/carers and families, allowing for optimal progression of the student’s success while attending Links Academy Hatfield. We welcome family involvement and we are always available to discuss any concerns you may have with the student’s pastoral provision.
During your child’s time with us we will assign them a Pastoral Leader (PL) and this will be your main contact with us. Students also have a form tutor who will meet them at both morning and afternoon registration. As well as, having a mentor chosen by the student who will meet with them on a weekly basis.
We work with a number of outside agencies when required:
- Services for Young People (SFYP).
- CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service).
- Change Grow Live (CGL) (Alcohol, drugs addiction support group) NHS.
- CAMHS ( Child and Adolescent Mental Health service).
- SFYP Hertfordshire.
- Youth Offending Team (YOT).
- Forest House; CAMHS School for those with Mental Health needs.
- PRUS.org the association of Pupil referrals units across England and Wales.
- Family Centres across Hatfield and Potters Bar.
- Gangs and Schools.
- Careers Advisor.
- Life Coach.
If your child is going to be late or unable to attend school for any reason please contact us by phone on 01727 346170 and select attendance option. If your child does not arrive on time we will contact you for a reason.
On return to school after an absence we will require a written note to explain the absence.
Please ensure if your child has a medical appointment please let us know in advance in writing.