Registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money. The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
We use this additional money in a variety of ways to directly benefit your child. It is very important that you get registered; doing so may also get you help with travel costs for your child.
Any additional income we receive will directly benefit your child’s time with us. Although we are unable to provide a hot meal at lunch time we can provide breakfast, from 8.30am-8.45am, and a packed lunch, in addition we do provide other food and drinks during the day free of charge.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Registering is quick & easy – phone Herts ‘How Can We Help Team on 0300 123 4048’